You are here: Home > History of Llanrwst
History of Llanrwst
Llanrwst is a very ancient town, as it is mentioned as early as 954 AD. Find out more about the history of the town in the articles below.
If you have an interest in the history of Llanrwst and surrounding area, you may want to join or contact the Llanrwst and District Historical Society.
List of Items - History of Llanrwst
- Historical Timeline : A timeline of some interesting historical events in Llanrwst.
- Saint Grwst the Confessor : The story of Saint Grwst.
- The Battle of Llanrwst 954 AD : Events leading to the Battle of Llanrwst.
- Foundation of the Modern Church : The establishment of the modern church in Llanrwst.
- Cymru, Lloegr a Llanrwst - Independence : The history of Llanrwst in the 13th Century.
- Establishing a Market Town : The establishment of Llanrwst as a market town in the 14th Century.
- Disease, Death and Destruction - the 14th and 15th Century : Llanrwst in the 14th and 15th Century.
- The War of the Roses - The Earl of Pembroke 1468 : The War of the Roses and Llanrwst.
- Books on History of Llanrwst : Some books on the history of Llanrwst that may be of interest.
Content is copyright Gwefan Llanrwst